Kuala Lumpur Ambassador Programme (KLAP)
Our favored Kuala Lumpur Tourism Ambassador Programme is NOW OPEN for recruitment until 27th April 2017(Thursday).
Kuala Lumpur Tourism Ambassador Programme (also known as KLAP) is one of the initiatives developed in Kuala Lumpur Tourism Masterplan 2015-2025 , Initiative 10.6 - Empower residents as promoting agents for KL aims to provide the right environment, programmes and support to fully harness KL’s residents in developing, promoting and providing authentic experiences for tourists in Kuala Lumpur.
The local residents of KL currently an untapped asset in developing and promoting KL’s tourism industry. Other cities have successfully harnessed their local residents via wide-scale volunteer programme, continuous, education campaigns and innovative platforms / products to offer more authentic tourism experiences. By encouraging greater involvement of local residents in developing and promoting tourism within the city and building a tourism-savvy populace, KL will be able to provide a deeper, authentic and “off-the-beaten track” experience for tourists and fully showcase the famous Malaysian hospitality.
A comprehensive “KL Ambassador” programme is a form of mobilise volunteers to assist visitors at key tourism areas and tourism events. Volunteers will be recruited from interested locals and city residents, targeting segments such as students, housewives and expat wives to share their enthusiasm and passion for the city.
The KL Tourism Ambassador Programme (KLAP) has been launched on 17th December 2014 by former Mayor, YBhg. Datuk Seri Hj. Ahmad Phesal bin Hj. Talib with 40 ambassadors on ground and now we are continuing the 5th session starting by May 2017. Yes! We are excited to kick off the 2017 batch!
Session 2017 : 1st May 2017 – 31st October 2017
1) Commit to attend the 3-day training and be on ground.
2) Commit to join the programme until the period ends. (1st May 2017 – 31st October 2017)
3) Able to perform duty minimum of 12 shifts within the period. (1 shift= 4 hours per day).
Roles of ambassadors:
1) To share accurate information in a professional, accurate and friendly manner to a diverse range of visitors.
2) To enhance the visitor experience through specialized local knowledge and interpretation
3) To represent Kuala Lumpur in promoting local and regional tourism opportunities and its attributes in a positive manner.
4) To assist direction and assistance to the tourists with the friendly smile and tone.
5) To provide option of places to see and attractive activities in Kuala Lumpur.
6) To provide warm welcome to the tourists and thank them for visiting Kuala Lumpur.
What volunteers get in return?
• Visit KL for the 3 days training
• Ambassador’s kit (Vest, ID Card, Bag, Cap)
• Opportunity to take part in tourism events and festivals.
• Certificate signed by Mayor of Kuala Lumpur ( if completed min. of 12 shift within the period)
• Social networking with tourists
• Exposure in tourism industry
For more photos, you may check out #KLTourismAmbassador
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Hope to see you on board!